Sunday, April 11, 2010

Do you enjoy teaching online?


I am always asked the same question when someone finds out I am teaching an online 4th grade class - Do you enjoy teaching online? The answer is yes. I have found the advantageous out weight the disadvantageous. One reason I like teaching online is the flexibility of my job. Except for the two hours a week I am online, my teaching job allows me the opportunity to be anywhere at any time. For example, my daughter was sick and I took her to the doctor. I did not have to go to the school and get work ready for the sub. I was able to read my student emails at night after my daughter went to sleep. Another reason I like teaching online is the ability to work more one-on-one with my students. Students tend to ask for help in an online course because other students do not know they are struggling. The last reason is I may have the potential to teach full time. Right now, I am teaching part time but as the number of students in the online program continues to grow, I will be able to move into a full time position. Teaching online has given me the opportunity to spend time with my family. Do you think you would enjoy teaching online?

No comments:

Post a Comment